A Cultural Heritage Working Group is coming soon!
The Chain of Ponds acknowledges the Wurundjeri Woi-wurrung people as the traditional owners of the Moonee Ponds Creek and it's catchment. We acknowledge their deep and continuous connection to land and waterways, and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.
The Wurundjeri Woi-wurrung Cultural Heritage Aboriginal Corporation has the following recommendations for the Moonee Ponds Creek:
- Restating the role of Moonee Ponds Creek within the wider landscape
- Restoring the creek corridor
- Revegetation works
- A long-term and holistic view
- Further investigation into cultural values of the Moonee Ponds Creek
- Cultural renewal and continuing cultural practices
- ACTION: WWCHAC Narrap team to be involved in development of planting list for study area from commencement.
- ACTION: Signage/interpretation strategy to be developed in partnership with WWCHAC for the whole of the catchment to ensure a holistic and coordinated
Cultural Values Review 2021, as part of the Reimagining Moonee Ponds Creek project.
Working Group Lead: Jeffrey Gray, Chain of Ponds