It’s a wrap!
What an exciting year for Chain of Ponds and Moonee Ponds Creek.
A celebration of 2021
We had a great end of year celebration with those who could make it, down by the Creek. A big thanks to Alex (Moreland Council) and Kaye (Friends of Moonee Ponds Creek) for supplying our delicious lunch and Finn (Melbourne Water) for an informative tour and update of our fabulous ‘Reimagining Moonee Ponds Creek’ project.
We also had some thank you awards to acknowledge exceptional contributions to the Creek this year:
- Kaye Oddie and the Friends of Moonee Ponds Creek – for their continuous and loving care of the Creek.
- Alex English (Moreland Council)- for being a Super Star and embodying the principles of CoP … positive, action-oriented, inclusive, supportive, humble, can do attitude!
- Parks Victoria – Organisation of the Year – for not only having a great idea (Bandicoots on the Flightpath) but resourcing a Project Manager to lead its delivery.
- Geraldine Plas and Melbourne Water – for continuous, solid Strategic Support with our recent Review, guidance on Ministerial/MP correspondence and with Melbourne Uni Research.
- Andrew Hickey and Greater Western Water – Hosts with the Most! – for being super supportive and flexible in their approach and highlighting and celebrating CoP and its innovative governance model more widely.
- Fin A (Melbourne Water) – Project Manager Extraordinaire! – for practising co-design and co-delivery for real! And dealing with everyone that comes with it, with the generosity of spirit and a smile.